The Perfect Recipe for Baked Eggplant
Welcome to Cell-U-Rite Naturals USA's blog, where we share our favorite recipes using our organic and natural food products. In this article, we will guide you through creating a delicious and nutritious baked eggplant dish. Whether you're a seasoned cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
2. Start by washing the eggplant and cutting it into 1-inch thick slices. If desired, you can peel the eggplant skin, but it's not necessary.
3. Place the eggplant slices on a cutting board and sprinkle salt on both sides. Let them sit for about 15 minutes to draw out excess moisture and bitterness.
4. While the eggplant slices are resting, prepare the marinara sauce. You can use store-bought sauce or make your own using fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
5. After 15 minutes, you'll notice moisture on the surface of the eggplant. Pat them dry using a paper towel or clean dishcloth.
6. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the greased baking dish. Brush each slice generously with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and dried oregano.
7. Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until they become tender and slightly golden. Flip the slices halfway through to ensure even cooking.
8. Once the eggplant is cooked, remove it from the oven and spread a spoonful of marinara sauce on each slice. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
9. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Once removed from the oven, allow the baked eggplant to cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves for added freshness and flavor.
Tips and Variations:
- Experiment with different herbs and seasonings such as thyme, rosemary, or chili flakes to personalize the flavor of your baked eggplant.
- For a heartier meal, layer the baked eggplant slices with fresh spinach or sautéed mushrooms before adding the marinara sauce and cheese.
- If you're a cheese lover, feel free to mix in some grated Parmesan or ricotta cheese with the mozzarella.
Health Benefits of Eggplant:
Eggplant, a nutritious and versatile vegetable, offers various health benefits. It is low in calories but high in fiber, making it a great addition to a balanced diet. The skin of the eggplant contains antioxidants that help protect against cell damage. Additionally, eggplant is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium and vitamin C.
By incorporating baked eggplant into your diet, you can enjoy a flavorful dish while reaping the nutritional benefits. Remember to choose organic and natural ingredients, such as those offered by Cell-U-Rite Naturals USA, to enhance the overall quality of your meals.
Baked eggplant is not only a delicious and healthy dish but also a great way to explore new flavors and textures. This recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner at home or for impressing your dinner guests. So go ahead, give it a try, and let us know how you like it!